/ Arado Ar 95 / Ar 195
Arado Ar 95 / Ar 195
Military Users – Chilean Air Force, Luftwaffe, Spanish Air Force.
The Arado 95 was a single-engine reconnaissance and patrol biplane designed and built by the German firm Arado in the late 1930s.
Ordered by Chile and Turkey, a number were taken over by the Kriegsmarine (German Navy) when World War II started.
The Arado 95 was designed in 1935 as a two-seat seaplane, for coastal patrol, reconnaissance and light attack roles.
The first prototype, an all-metal biplane powered by a BMW 132 radial engine, flew in 1936, while a second prototype was powered by a Junkers Jumo 210 liquid-cooled engine.
The two prototypes were evaluated against the similar Focke-Wulf Fw 62.
The BMW-powered version was considered worthy of further study, and a batch of six was sent for further evaluation with the Legion Condor during the Spanish Civil War.
The Arado Ar 95 was the basis for the prototype Ar 195 carrier-based torpedo bomber, which was proposed for operation from the German aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin.
Arado Ar 195
was a single-engine prototype carrier-based torpedo bomber, built by the German firm Arado for service on the German aircraft carrier
, during World War II.
Length: 11.10 m (36 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 12.50 m (41 ft 0 in)
Height: 3.60 m (11 ft 10 in)
Wing area: 45.40 m2 (488.7 sq ft)
Empty weight: 1,111 kg (2,450 lb)
Max take off weight: 3,560 kg (7,848 lb)
Power plant: 1 × BMW 132De air-cooled 9-cylinder radial engine, 656 kW (880 hp)
Maximum speed: 310 km/h (190 mph, 170 kn) at 3,000 m (9,800 ft)
Cruise speed: 255 km/h (158 mph, 138 kn) at 1,200 m (3,900 ft)
Range: 1,100 km (680 mi, 590 nmi)
Service ceiling: 7,300 m (24,000 ft)
Rate of climb: 7.5 m/s (1,480 ft/min) 
Guns: 1 × fixed, forward-firing 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 machine gun and 1 × flexible 7.92 (.312 in) MG 15 machine gun in rear cockpit
Bombs: 1 × 800 kg (1,764 lb) torpedo or 500 kg (1,102 lb) bomb on under fuselage rack
Jane’s Encyclopedia of Aviation-Michael J. H Taylor.
The Complete Book of Fighters-William Green & Gordon Swanborough.
The wings of the Luftwaffe- William Green
Aircraft of the Third Reich- William Green.
Share on facebook
Share on facebook
Follow us on