Aero A-12

In 1923, the new Aero plant in Vysochany began mass production of the A-12 reconnaissance biplane.
The prototype A-12 was tested by chief pilot Novak in the fall of 1923. and December 1924 .
Aero A-12
The A-12 was a two-seater biplane of mixed design. The wing frame is wooden, the fuselage was welded from pipes.
The Maybach Mb-IVa 176/191 kW engine (240/260 litres) is equipped with a flat Aero radiator on both sides of the fuselage.
Aero A-12
But it did not work well and was replaced by a number of machines on a cellular radiator located under the upper wings.
The aircraft was armed with a front stationary Vickers machine gun and a moving Lewis dual machine gun, equipped with a camera and radio telephone equipment.
Aero A-12
Credits-
AERO,Aviation Collection-Antonín Vlasák II
Aero Vodochody Aerospace a.s.
Wikipedia
Aero A-12

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share on facebook

Share on facebook