Close this search box.
/ Oertz W.8
The last flying boat from engineer Max Oertz was the reconnaissance W.8.
After the non-standard W.6 the designer decided to return to the proven biplane scheme.
The new boat was a modification of the W.5 with a wing of a larger scale.
The only W.8 was completed with the financial assistance of Krupp-Essen, for which it was nicknamed Krupp-Boot.
In September 1916, the flying boat was transferred to the German Navy base, where it received flight number 1157.
It was used both for reconnaissance flights over the coastal areas of the Baltic and Northern Seas, as well as for training marine aviation pilots.
Share on facebook
Follow us on