Close this search box.
/ Mohawk M1C Pinto
Mohawk M1C Pinto
The Mohawk M1C (variously named Pinto, Redskin or Spurwing) was a 1920s American two or three-seat low-wing monoplane designed and built by Mohawk Aero Corporation of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
One M1C was evaluated by the United States Army Air Corps in 1930 as the YPT-7 Pinto for use as a primary trainer.
The M1C was a three-seat low-wing cantilever monoplane which was available with an open cockpit (as the Pinto) and enclosed cockpit (as the Redskin).
The first variant was the M1C-K powered by a 100 hp (75 kW) Kinner K-5 or a 100 hp (75 kW) Wright engine.
One aircraft was modified for evaluation by the United States Army Air Corps as the YPT-7 Pinto.
A two-seat variant the M1C-W was also produced with a 110 hp (82 kW) Warner Scarab engine.
The first one was the aircraft evaluated by the Army and re-engined.
In 1930 the company went bankrupt and was taken over by the R R Rand Jr.
Kinner K-5 powered variant, five built.
Warner Scarab powered variant, one modified from M1C-K and two more built.
United States Army Air Corps designation for one M1C-K for evaluation in 1930 the Kinner K-5 engine given the military designation YR-370-1.
24 ft 2 in (7.37 m)
34 ft 11 in (10.64 m)
7 ft 7 in (2.31 m)
145 sq ft (13.5 m2)
1,125 lb (510 kg)
1,800 lb (816 kg)
1 × Kinner K-5, 90 hp (67 kW)
115 mph (185 km/h, 100 kn)
95 mph (153 km/h, 83 kn)
550 mi (890 km, 480 nmi)
18,000 ft (5,500 m)
Rate of climb
1,100 ft/min (5.6 m/s).
Share on facebook
Follow us on