/ Fokker T.IV
The Fokker T.IV was a Dutch torpedo bomber/maritime reconnaissance floatplane of the 1920s and 1930s.
First flying in 1927, it served with the Dutch Naval Aviation Service in the Dutch East Indies until the remaining aircraft were destroyed during the Japanese invasion in 1942.
Original production version, powered by 336 kW (450 hp) Lorraine-Dietrich 12E engines.
Refined version with Wright SR-1820-F2 Cyclone radial engines, enclosed cockpit and gun turrets.
17.6 m (57 ft 9 in)
26.2 m (85 ft 11 in)
6 m (19 ft 8 in)
97.8 m2 (1,053 sq ft)
4,665 kg (10,285 lb)
Max take-off weight
7,200 kg (15,873 lb)
1,500 l (400 US gal; 330 imp gal) in several wing tanks and 2x 30 l (7.9 US gal; 6.6 imp gal) oil tanks in the engine nacelles.
2 × Wright SR-1820-F2 Cyclone 9-cylinder air-cooled radial piston engines, 560 kW (750 hp) each or 2 x 340 kW (450 hp) Lorraine 12Eb W-12 engines
2-bladed fixed-pitch propellers
260 km/h (160 mph, 140 kn)
215 km/h (134 mph, 116 kn)
1,560 km (970 mi, 840 nmi)
5,900 m (19,400 ft)
73.6 kg/m2 (15.1 lb/sq ft)
0.160 kW/kg (0.097 hp/lb)
3 × 7.9 mm (.31 in) Browning machine gun one each in nose and dorsal turrets and ventral position
Up to 800 kg (1,764 lb) bombs internally or 1 × torpedo externally.
Share on facebook
Follow us on