/ Fokker C.VII-W
The Fokker C.VII-W was a reconnaissance seaplane built in the Netherlands in the late 1920s.
Sharing elements of the highly successful C.V design, the C.VII-W was a conventional, single-bay biplane with wings of unequal span braced with N-struts.
The undercarriage consisted of a standard twin-pontoon arrangement, and the fin and rudder continued through to the ventral side of the fuselage, creating a cruciform tail.
The pilot and observer sat in tandem, open cockpits.
The wing structure was wooden with fabric and plywood covering, and the fuselage was of steel tube construction with fabric covering.
The first twelve of the thirty examples produced were sent to the Dutch East Indies, with the rest remaining in the Netherlands.
The type was withdrawn from front-line service in 1940, but some machines remained active in the East Indies as trainers until the Japanese invasion in 1942.
9.98 m (32 ft 9 in)
12.9 m (42 ft 4 in)
4 m (13 ft 1 in)
37 m2 (400 sq ft)
1,102 kg (2,429 lb)
1,120 kg (2,470 lb)
1,415 kg (3,120 lb)
1,620 kg (3,570 lb)
330 l (87 US gal; 73 imp gal) fuel; 30 l (7.9 US gal; 6.6 imp gal) oil
1 × Armstrong Siddeley Lynx 7-cylinder air-cooled radial piston engine, 168 kW (225 hp)
2-bladed fixed pitch propeller
160 km/h (99 mph, 86 kn)
130 km/h (81 mph, 70 kn)
70 km/h (43 mph; 38 kn)
3,600 m (11,800 ft)
3,200 m (10,500 ft)
Time to altitude
1,000 m (3,300 ft) in 6.8 minutes (training)
9 minutes (reconnaissance)
2,000 m (6,600 ft) in 15.8 minutes (training)
21 minutes (reconnaissance)
38.2 kg/m2 (7.8 lb/sq ft)
Provision for a machine gun on a Scarff ring in the rear cockpit
Provision for light bomb racks under the observer’s cockpit.
Share on facebook
Follow us on