Close this search box.
/ Dornier Do-P
The Dornier Do P was a German four-engine heavy bomber, manufactured by Dornier Flugzeugwerke in the 1930s.
It was built as part of the secret re-armament of Germany, in opposition to the Treaty of Versailles.
Construction of the Do P began in July 1929, and its first flight took place on March 31, 1930.
The aircraft was tested in such places as Lipetsk.
The Do P was a monoplane constructed mainly of metal, but covered in some places by fabric.
The aircraft was powered by four nine-cylinder Siemens Jupiter VI, each with 530 horsepower.
The aircraft had a crew of six.
It was eventually developed into the Dornier Do 11.
23.4 m (76 ft 9 in)
30 m (98 ft 5 in)
6.91 m (22 ft 8 in)
152.6 m2 (1,643 sq ft)
3,630 kg (8,003 lb)
Max take-off weight
12,000 kg (26,455 lb)
4 × Siemens Jupiter VI radial, 400 kW (530 hp) each
210 km/h (130 mph, 110 kn)
3,500 m (11,500 ft).
Share on facebook
Follow us on