The Boulton Paul P.75 Overstrand was a twin-engine biplane medium bomber.
It was the final example of a series of biplane medium bombers that had served in the Royal Air Force since the First World War, starting with the likes of the Vickers Vimy and Handley Page Type O.
The Overstrand was also the first aircraft to be fitted with a fully enclosed power-operated turret.
First flown in 1933, the Overstrand was essentially an improved model of the Boulton Paul Sidestrand of the 1920s, thus early references to the type referred to it as the Sidestrand Mk IV instead.
It demonstrated a higher maximum speed than its predecessor and was procured for the RAF in limited numbers.
As such, the type entered service during the mid 1930s, but became increasingly overshadowed by the new generation of monoplane medium bombers, such as the Vickers Wellington and Armstrong Whitworth Whitley.
Nevertheless, the Overstrand remained operational during the early years of the Second World War, albeit only being flown by training units.
The few surviving aircraft were withdrawn from service during 1941, having been rendered surplus to requirements.
46 ft 0 in (14.02 m)
72 ft 0 in (21.95 m)
15 ft 6 in (4.72 m)
980 sq ft (91 m2)
7,936 lb (3,600 kg)
11,932 lb (5,412 kg)
2 × Bristol Pegasus IIM.3 nine cylinder radial engines,
580 hp (430 kW) each
148 mph (238 km/h, 129 kn) at 6,500 ft (2,000 m)
545 mi (877 km, 474 nmi)
21,300 ft (6,500 m)
Time to altitude
Five minutes and 24 seconds to 6,500 ft (2,000 m)
Three .303 in (7.7 mm) Lewis guns in nose turret, dorsal and ventral gun positions
1,500 lb (680 kg) bombs (two 500 lb/227 kg and two 250 lb/113 kg) and four 20 lb (9 kg) bombs could be carried on fuselage racks by the cockpit and dorsal gun position.