The Arsenal-Delanne 10-C2 two seat fighter, designed by Maurice Delanne and built by the Arsenal de l’Aéronautique, was of a tandem wing configuration, the tandem mounted wings providing a continuous slot effect and offering exceptional centre of gravity range.
The fighter was of all metal stressed skin construction, which used a sandwich technique, with a smooth duralumin skin welded to a corrugated sheet.
Pilot and gunner sat in tandem under a single canopy at the rear of the fuselage, which was level with the rear wing, which carried twin tailplanes.
This arrangement gave the gunner a clear field of fire for his planned armament of two 7.5 mm machine guns, which was to be supplemented by a 20 mm cannon firing through the propeller hub and two more machine guns in the wing.
The aircraft was fitted with a retractable tail wheel undercarriage and was powered by a single 860 hp (641 kW) Hispano-Suiza 12Ycrs, 12 cylinder liquid cooled engine.
The Arsenal-Delanne 10-C2 prototype was virtually complete at Villacoublay when German forces occupied the factory in June 1940.
Work on the aircraft continued and the first flight test was made in October 1941.
After completion of the initial test program, the aircraft was ferried to Germany for further trials.