The Huarte Mendicoa HM-1 also known as the INTA HM.1, was a 1940s Spanish primary trainer designed by the Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeronáutica (INTA) and built for them by Aeronáutica Industrial S.A. (AISA).
The HM.1 was designed by INTA as a two-seat primary training monoplane with a fixed tailwheel landing gear.
It was followed by a number of similar aircraft with equipment and accommodation changes.
The last of the family was the HM.7 built in 1947 which was an enlarged four-seat version powered by a 240 hp (179 kW) Argus As 10C engine, the HM.7 was the last powered aircraft designed by the Institute.
Two-seat primary trainer
Enclosed cabin version of the HM.1 with retractable landing gear.
Open cockpit floatplane variant
Single seat advanced trainer
Enlarged four-seat version
Two seat glider tug
7.65 m (25 ft 0 in)
9.65 m (31 ft 8 in)
2.20 m (7 ft 2.25 in)
14 m2 (150.6 sq ft)
620 kg (1,364 lb)
850 kg (1,870 lb)
1 × Elizalde G-IV-B Tigre 4-cylinder four-cylinder linear motor , 110 kW (150 hp)