In 1917, AGO Flugzeugwerke built two prototype reconnaissance aircraft based on the successful AGO C.IV.
The first C.V received improved aerodynamics and a smaller scale wing and other design racks.
The second – C.VI was equipped with a two-seat wing with a zoomed-in scale.
Tests showed that the new wings did not give any significant advantages and the further development of the projects was abandoned.
In 1917, AGO Flugzeugwerke developed another version of the AGO S.IV reconnaissance aircraft.
The wing had a reinforced structure due to metal elements.
Just as with previous modifications AGO C.V and S.V innovations did not give any significant advantages over C.IV and the series did not go the aircraft.
Failures with C.V, C.VI and C.VII did not stop AGO Flugzeugwerke in an attempt to create a serial improved modification of the AGO S.IV reconnaissance aircraft.
This time, the developers decided to abandon the usual engine Benz Bz.IV and installed a newer eight-cylinder Mercedes D.IV with a capacity of 220 hp (162 kW).
On this modification did not end, once again the plane received new wings, and were tested as two variants, with racks of different design.
The second version of the C.VIII/2 aircraft was finally able to show the calculated flight characteristics, surpassing the C.IV, but this time let down the engine, the unreliability of which crossed out all the efforts of the designers.