The AGO Flugzeugwerke was re-established at Oschersleben in 1934, with its first design a multi-purpose light-twin-engine aircraft offered against the same requirement for a light aircraft that produced the Gotha Go 146 and Siebel Fh 104.
AGO’s design, the Ao 192, was a low-winged cantilever monoplane of all-metal construction.
Its monocoque fuselage accommodated a crew of two pilots who sat side by side in an enclosed flight deck, while there were seats for five passengers in a separate cabin.
It was powered by two 179 kW (240 hp) Argus As 10 and had a retractable tail wheel undercarriage.
The first prototype made its maiden flight in mid-1935, soon being followed by a second aircraft, similar to the first.
A third prototype, with a deeper fuselage allowing an additional passenger to be carried, more powerful engines and a revised undercarriage, formed the basis for the planned Ao 192B civil transport, with versions planned to serve as light transports, ambulance aircraft and survey aircraft.
In addition, a number of military variants were proposed, including a light reconnaissance aircraft and a light bomber.
AGO had large orders for license built aircraft for the Luftwaffe however, with much of their wartime work involved with Focke-Wulf, and only six AGO production aircraft could be built.
10.98 m (36 ft 0 in)
13.54 m (44 ft 5 in)
3.64 m (11 ft 11 in)
25.04 m2 (269.5 sq ft)
1,640 kg (3,616 lb)
2,860 kg (6,305 lb)
Max take-off weight
2,950 kg (6,504 lb)
Main tank:410 l (110 US gal; 90 imp gal);
Oil tank:38 l (10 US gal; 8.4 imp gal)
2 × Argus As 10E air-cooled inverted V-8 engine, 200 kW (270 hp) each
2-bladed variable-pitch wooden propellers, 2.3 m (7 ft 7 in) diameter